Monday 29 January 2007

I saw seven beautiful things today
That's three fewer than yesterday and some way off my personal best of 22
Edinburgh is a beautiful city but it is not as beautiful as Cape Town
And when I was in Cape Town a woman on the bus told me that it was not as beautiful as Nelson, New Zealand
I used to tell my girlfriend that she was he most beautiful woman in the world
But I have said that to other women since
And I think Nicole Kidman would look different in person
I once stood, looking at Lake Louise in the Canadian Rockies
I asked a woman - who was not the same woman as in Cape Town - if
She had ever seen anything more beautiful
She replied that she had, somewhere in Switzerland
I have a friend called Nim and she's always calling me beautiful
But she says that to everyone so I'm not sure where I stand on her list

So, you want to know those seven things?
  • Yellow ducks on my shower curtain
  • A photograph of my old flatmate Rich grinning on N. Berwick beach
  • Lamposts outside William McEwan Hall
  • A pair of old fashioned scales on the kitchen shelf
  • Ras Babi
  • A girl hitting herself on the head with her glow-in-the-dark poi
  • A really nicely weighted wok

No comments:

Post a Comment